Advancing the delivery of medical care
The Medical Pavilion at White Oak is a new, seven-story, 169,000 square foot, state-of-the-art, Class A medical pavilion strategically located on the campus of the new $400 million Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center in Silver Spring, Maryland. Situated among a developing life sciences community, the Medical Pavilion at White Oak offers physicians a strong, highly visible affiliation, superb building access and an efficient and thoughtfully organized patient-centered care giving environment.
BUILDING AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Direct hospital lobby access on first floor
- Outpatient on-site pharmacy
- Coffee shop in adjacent hospital lobby
- Two dedicated patient drop off/pick up areas
- Four high-speed passenger elevators
- Three levels connected to the hospital
- Conference room and staff development facilities
- Mail room and medical samples storage
- Adjacent parking garage with covered walkway
Delivered, Adventist HealthCare will anchor the medical pavilion and house various specialties and programs in the building including:
- Cardiovascular, oncology, radiology, education, rehabilitation, medical and administrative services.
- Two linear accelerator vaults as part of radiology program.
- Conference room and staff development facilities.
The adjacent White Oak Medical Center (Hospital) program includes 180 large, all-private patient rooms with dedicated observation and clinical decision units and a fast track Emergency Department with separate triage and waiting area.
The Value of New On-Campus Space
Proper Design & Flow of Space
- Reduces staff costs
- Increases patient throughput
- Supports physician recruitment
- Reduces overall square footage needed
Enhanced Patient Experience & Convenience
- New space reinforces top-notch care
- Positioning for outcome-based reimbursement models
- Parking and convenience to major arteries, enhanced bus station on campus
- Reduced drive time from off-campus location
Integrated Healthcare Delivery
- Synergistic referral patterns
- Prominent location within Adventist HealthCare network
- Efficiencies from hospitalists and operating room block scheduling
Fully Built-Out Clinical Space
- Waiting Room and Break Area / Room
- Exam Rooms with Sinks
- Private Doctor's Office with In-Suite Bathroom
- 24-Hour Card Key Access
- Janitorial Services & Day Porter